Australia vs Netherlands prediction, ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, 24th Match: Get the latest betting odds, today’s lineups, and tips from our experts.
Australia and the Netherlands are set to clash in the 24th match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, which is scheduled for October 25 at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in New Delhi, India. The game is slated to commence at 02:00 PM IST.
Australia’s journey in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 got off to a rocky start, with two consecutive losses to India and South Africa. However, they managed to regain their footing by securing victories against Sri Lanka and Pakistan, effectively putting their campaign back on track.
On the other hand, the Netherlands has had a challenging run in the tournament, with just one win out of four matches. Their solitary victory came as a shocker when they defeated South Africa in a rain-affected match with a 38-run lead. Presently, they occupy the eighth position in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 group standings, having accumulated two points from their four matches.
At the Arun Jaitley Stadium in New Delhi, the average first-innings score over the past ten matches has been 258. This venue favors setting a target when batting first, with the team adopting this strategy emerging victorious in 60% of the matches. Moreover, the pitch at this stadium is conducive to spinners, tending to slow down as the game progresses.
Australia vs Netherlands World Cup 2023, 24th, Match Details
- Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM IST
- Venue: Arun Jaitley Cricket Stadium, Delhi
- Teams: South Africa and Bangladesh
Australia vs Netherlands Prediction
Australia has won two of its first four matches in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, placing them fourth in the league with four points. Meanwhile, the Netherlands has lost three of their initial four matches, ranking seventh with two points.
Bas de Leede, the Netherlands’ all-rounder, is the leading choice for captain. He has taken seven wickets in four matches and scored 97 runs, with a top score of 57.
Australia and the Netherlands have faced off twice in ODIs, with Australia winning both times, while the Netherlands is yet to secure a victory.
Australia vs Netherlands betting odds
According to the latest odds from various bookmakers, Australia are the favorites to win their match against the Netherlands on October 25, 2023. Here are the betting odds from a few popular bookmakers:
Australia vs Netherlands Betting and Bowling Tips
Australia is the clear favorite to win this match, given their superior batting and bowling lineup. They have also been in good form in recent months, winning their last two matches.
Key Players to Watch
- Australia: David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc
- Netherlands: Max O’Dowd, Vikramjit Singh, Bas de Leede, Shane Snater, Logan van Beek
Bowling Strategies Against Australian Batsmen
- Bowl full and straight deliveries to avoid getting hit for boundaries.
- Try to swing the ball away from the Australian batsmen, as they are good at playing inswing.
- Use spin sparingly, as the Australian batsmen are good at playing spin.
Bowling Strategies Against Netherlands Batsmen
- Bowl short balls sparingly, as the Netherlands batsmen are good at handling them.
- Target the stumps of the Netherlands batsmen, as they are often vulnerable against pace.
- Use spin bowlers to exploit the conditions.
- Australia to win: Australia is the clear favorite to win this match, and the odds reflect that. A bet on Australia to win is a relatively safe bet.
- Top Australian batsman: David Warner and Steve Smith are the two best batsmen in the Australian lineup. A bet on either of them to be the top Australian batsman is a good value bet.
- Top Netherlands batsman: Max O’Dowd and Vikramjit Singh are the two best batsmen in the Netherlands lineup. A bet on either of them to be the top Netherlands batsman is a good value bet.
Australia vs Netherlands today’s lineups
- David Warner
- Mitchell Marsh
- Steven Smith
- Marnus Labuschagne
- Josh Inglis (wk)
- Glenn Maxwell
- Marcus Stoinis
- Pat Cummins (c)
- Mitchell Starc
- Adam Zampa
- Josh Hazlewood
- Vikramjit Singh
- Max O’Dowd
- Colin Ackermann
- Bas de Leede
- Sybrand Engelbrecht
- Teja Nidamanuru
- Scott Edwards (c & wk)
- Logan van Beek
- Roelof van der Merwe
- Aryan Dutt
- Paul van Meekeren