Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder prediction, WBBL 2023, 17th Match: Get the latest betting odds, today’s lineups, and tips from our experts.
The 17th match of the Weber Women’s Big Bash League 2024 is taking place at the University of Tasmania Stadium in Launceston. It’s the Hobart Hurricanes Women’s team facing off against the Sydney Thunder Women’s team. This match is set for November 6, 2024, and it begins at 2:00 PM local time.
The Hobart Hurricanes Women’s team has had a somewhat up-and-down start in the competition. They’ve won two out of their four matches. After their recent victory against the Melbourne Renegades Women’s team, they’re eager to maintain their momentum and secure another win when they go up against the Sydney Thunder Women’s team.
On the other hand, the Sydney Thunder Women’s team has made a strong beginning in the league, winning three out of their four matches, and they aim to continue their winning streak to stay at the top of the points table.
Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder WBBL 2023, 17th, Match Details
- Date: Monday, October 30, 2023
- Time: 6:30 AM IST
- Venue: Aurora Stadium, Launceston
- Teams: Hobart Hurricanes and Sydney Thunder
Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder Prediction
According to Cricket World’s latest Fantasy Cricket Predictions and Betting Tips, the Hobart Hurricanes are set to play against the Sydney Thunder in the Women’s Big Bash League 2023. This match is scheduled for October 30th, 2023.
In the Women’s Big Bash League 2023 standings, the Hobart Hurricanes currently hold the 7th position. They’ve won one game and lost two out of three matches, accumulating 2 points. Elyse Villani is leading the team in runs with 78 at a strike rate of 156, including 13 fours. Naomi Stalenberg has also contributed with 61 runs at a strike rate of 160. Molly Strano is the top bowler for the Hobart Hurricanes, having taken 2 wickets at an average of 36 and an economy rate of 9.00.
On the other hand, the Sydney Thunder have won just one match so far in this season, but they have a strong and balanced team, featuring both experienced players and young talents. This makes them a formidable opponent, and according to Cricket Betting, they are the favorites to win this match.
Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder betting odds
According to the latest odds from various bookmakers, Hobart Hurricanes are the favorite to win their match against Sydney Thunder on October 30, 2023. Here are the betting odds from a few popular bookmakers:
Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder WBBL Betting and Bowling Tips
Sydney Thunder are the likely winners of this match. They have a more experienced and balanced team than the Hobart Hurricanes, and they have also been in better form in recent seasons.
Players to Watch:
Hobart Hurricanes: Rachel Priest, Mignon du Preez, Nicola Carey, Ruth Johnston, Heather Knight Sydney Thunder: Heather Knight, Rachael Haynes, Tahlia McGrath, Samantha Bates, Lauren Smith, Hannah Darlington
Bowling Strategies Against Hobart Hurricanes Batsmen:
- Bowl short balls to Rachel Priest and Heather Knight, as they are both susceptible to the short ball.
- Try to swing the ball away from the Hobart Hurricanes batsmen, as they are generally better at playing inswing.
- Be careful when bowling spin to Mignon du Preez, as she is very skilled at playing spin.
Bowling Strategies Against Sydney Thunder Batsmen:
- Bowl full and straight to Heather Knight and Rachael Haynes, as they are both good at playing the short ball.
- Try to make the ball swing into the Sydney Thunder batsmen, as they are generally better at playing outswing.
- Be careful when bowling spin to Tahlia McGrath and Lauren Smith, as they are both skilled at playing spin.
- Sydney Thunder are the clear favorite to win this match, and the odds reflect that. Betting on Sydney Thunder to win is a safe option.
- The top Sydney Thunder batsmen to bet on are Heather Knight, Rachael Haynes, and Tahlia McGrath.
- The top Hobart Hurricanes batsmen to bet on are Rachel Priest and Heather Knight.
Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder WBBL today’s lineups
- Nicola Carey (c)
- Rachel Trenaman
- Heather Graham
- Mignon du Preez
- Chloe Tryon
- Elyse Villani
- Tayla Vlaeminck
- Molly Strano
- Sarah Coyte
- Maisy Gibson
- Amy Smith
- Emma Mannix-Geeves
- Rachael Haynes (c)
- Smriti Mandhana
- Phoebe Litchfield
- Tahlia Wilson
- Hannah Darlington
- Samantha Bates
- Kate Peterson
- Lauren Smith
- Anika Learoyd
- Sammy-Jo Johnson
- Issy Wong
- Shabnim Ismail