India vs Australia Prediction, IND vs AUS 1st T20 Match: Get the latest betting odds, today’s lineups, and tips from our experts.
India will play Australia in the first T20I of the 2023 Australia tour of India on Thursday, November 23, at the Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium in Visakhapatnam. The match starts at 7:00 PM IST.
India comes into the game after a six-wicket loss to Australia in the ODI World Cup 2023 final. Under new captain Suryakumar Yadav, the team hopes for a positive change. Meanwhile, Matthew Wade leads the Australian side, returning to the international series after more than a year.
India vs Australia 1st T20, Match Details
- Date: Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Time: 02:00 PM IST
- Venue: Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam
- Teams: India and Australia
India vs Australia prediction
Get ready for an exciting clash between India and Australia in their three-match T20I series starting in Visakhapatnam on November 23. India wants to bounce back after a disappointing performance in the ODI World Cup, while Australia comes in with high confidence from recent wins.
India’s recent form raises doubts about their ability, but playing at home might give them an advantage. Their batting, led by Suryakumar Yadav and Ishan Kishan, looks strong. The bowlers, like Arshdeep Singh and Ravi Bishnoi, show promise.
Australia, fresh off an ODI World Cup win, looks confident. With players like Travis Head, Glenn Maxwell, and Matthew Wade, their lineup is formidable. Their bowlers, including Nathan Ellis and Adam Zampa, pose a challenge to India.
Though Australia seems stronger, India aims to prove themselves. The series’ result will depend on who handles the conditions better.
India vs Australia betting odds
According to the latest odds from various bookmakers, India are the favorite to win their match against Australia on November 23, 2023. Here are the betting odds from a few popular bookmakers:
India vs Australia Betting and Bowling Tip
Key Players to Watch:
- Ishan Kishan: The young wicket-keeper batsman has been in great form lately, scoring two half-centuries in the recent T20I series against Sri Lanka. He will be looking to continue his good form against Australia.
- Suryakumar Yadav: The Mumbai Indians batsman is one of the most destructive batsmen in the world in the shortest format. He will be looking to take on the Australian bowlers and score big runs.
- Jasprit Bumrah: The Indian pace spearhead is one of the best bowlers in the world in any format. He will be looking to lead the Indian bowling attack and restrict Australia to a low total.
- Matthew Wade: The Australian captain is a dangerous batsman who can score runs quickly. He will be looking to set the tone for Australia with a good start.
- Travis Head: The left-handed batsman is another key player for Australia. He is a good all-rounder who can contribute with both bat and ball.
- Mitchell Starc: The Australian left-arm pacer is one of the most feared bowlers in the world in the shortest format. He will be looking to get early wickets and put India under pressure.
Bowling Strategies Against Indian Batsmen:
- Bowl short and wide: Indian batsmen are generally good at playing full and straight deliveries, so it is important to bowl short and wide to restrict their run-scoring opportunities.
- Use swing and seam: Indian batsmen are vulnerable to swing and seam bowling, so it is important to exploit these conditions.
- Target the stumps: Indian batsmen are not as good at playing lbws as some other teams, so it is important to bowl with accuracy and target the stumps.
- Set traps: Indian batsmen are aggressive stroke-makers, so it is important to set traps and try to get them to play false shots.
Bowling Strategies Against Australian Batsmen:
- Bowl full and straight: Australian batsmen are generally good at playing short and wide deliveries, so it is important to bowl full and straight to restrict their run-scoring opportunities.
- Vary your pace: Australian batsmen are vulnerable to variations in pace, so it is important to mix up your deliveries and keep them guessing.
- Avoid bowling short too often: Australian batsmen are good at punishing short balls, so it is important to avoid bowling too many short deliveries.
- Set fields for lofted shots: Australian batsmen are very good at playing lofted shots, so it is important to set fields for these shots.
- India is a slight favorite to win, but the match is expected to be close.
- Consider betting on Indian batsmen like Ishan Kishan and Suryakumar Yadav.
- For Australian batsmen, look to bet on Matthew Wade and Travis Head.
- Betting on the total number of runs to be scored in the match could also be a good option, as both teams have strong batting lineups.
India vs Australia today’s lineups 1st T20
- Ishan Kishan (wk)
- Suryakumar Yadav (c)
- Yashasvi Jaiswal
- Tilak Varma
- Rinku Singh
- Shivam Dube
- Axar Patel
- Ravi Bishnoi
- Arshdeep Singh
- Prasidh Krishna
- Mukesh Kumar
- Matthew Wade (c & wk)
- Travis Head
- Matthew Short
- Steven Smith
- Josh Inglis
- Glenn Maxwell
- Marcus Stoinis
- Tim David
- Sean Abbott
- Adam Zampa
- Nathan Ellis