India vs New Zealand Prediction, ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, 1st Semi-Final Match: Get the latest betting odds, today’s lineups, and tips from our experts.
India and New Zealand are set for a key semi-final in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 at Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium on November 15. Both teams have performed well in the tournament, building anticipation for this important match.
India, the top-ranked team, has been consistently strong. Led by openers Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul, their batting and bowling, with Bumrah and Shami in the lead, have been formidable.
New Zealand has been a surprise, surpassing expectations with determination. Guptill and Conway’s opening partnership and the spin of Sodhi and Santner have troubled opponents.
The India-New Zealand clash is expected to be close. The toss, especially considering the challenges of chasing at Wankhede under lights, could be crucial.
India aims to avenge recent knockout defeats, while New Zealand hopes to continue their resurgence. The match’s outcome will significantly impact the tournament, promising a cricketing spectacle at Wankhede.
India vs New Zealand World Cup 2023, 45th, Match Details
- Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2023
- Time: 02:00 PM IST
- Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
- Teams: India and New Zealand
India vs New Zealand prediction
In the first semi-final of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, many expect India to beat New Zealand and reach the final. This prediction is based on India’s strong performance throughout the tournament and their excellent batting and bowling.
India’s batting has been impressive, especially from openers Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul. The middle order with Virat Kohli and Shreyas Iyer has also done well. All-rounders Hardik Pandya and Ravindra Jadeja have contributed with both bat and ball.
In bowling, India’s pace attack led by Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami has been tough for opponents. Bumrah’s yorkers and Shami’s swing have been key. Spinners Ravindra Jadeja and Kuldeep Yadav have added variety and control.
New Zealand has a strong opening with Martin Guptill and Devon Conway, but their middle order and bowling lack consistency compared to India.
India vs New Zealand betting odds
According to the latest odds from various bookmakers, India are the favorite to win their match against New Zealand on November 15, 2023. Here are the betting odds from a few popular bookmakers:
India vs New Zealand Betting and Bowling Tip
Key Players to Watch:
India: Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant, Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami New Zealand: Kane Williamson, Martin Guptill, Ross Taylor, Trent Boult, Tim Southee, Neil Wagner
Bowling Strategies Against Indian Batsmen:
- Bowl full and straight: Indian batsmen are generally good at playing swing and seam bowling, so it is important to bowl full and straight to restrict their run-scoring opportunities.
- Vary your pace: Indian batsmen are vulnerable to variations in pace, so it is important to mix up your deliveries and keep them guessing.
- Avoid bowling short: Indian batsmen are good at punishing short balls, so it is important to avoid bowling too many short deliveries.
- Set fields for lofted shots: Indian batsmen are very good at playing lofted shots, so it is important to set fields for these shots.
- Bowl with patience and consistency: The key to bowling against India is to be patient and consistent. Avoid bowling loose deliveries and try to build pressure by bowling tight lines and lengths.
Bowling Strategies Against New Zealand Batsmen:
- Bowl short and wide: New Zealand batsmen are generally good at playing full and straight deliveries, so it is important to bowl short and wide to restrict their run-scoring opportunities.
- Use swing and seam: New Zealand batsmen are vulnerable to swing and seam bowling, so it is important to exploit these conditions.
- Target the stumps: New Zealand batsmen are not as good at playing lbws as some other teams, so it is important to bowl with accuracy and target the stumps.
- Set traps: New Zealand batsmen are aggressive stroke-makers, so it is important to set traps and try to get them to play false shots.
- Bowl with patience and consistency: The key to bowling against New Zealand is to be patient and consistent. Avoid bowling loose deliveries and try to build pressure by bowling tight lines and lengths.
- India is a slight favorite to win, but the match is expected to be close.
- Consider betting on Indian batsmen like Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul.
- For New Zealand batsmen, look to bet on Kane Williamson and Martin Guptill.
- Betting on the total number of runs to be scored in the match could also be a good option, as both teams have strong batting lineups.
India vs New Zealand today’s lineups 1st Semi-Final
- Rohit Sharma (c)
- Shubman Gill
- Virat Kohli
- Shreyas Iyer
- KL Rahul (wk)
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Muhammad Sraj
- Mohammed Shami
- Jasprit Bumrah
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Kane Williamson (c)
- Martin Guptill
- Ross Taylor
- Devon Conway
- Tom Latham
- Glenn Phillips (wk)
- Mitchell Santner
- Daryl Mitchell
- Jimmy Neesham
- Trent Boult
- Tim Southee