New Zealand vs Sri Lanka Prediction, ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, 41st Match: Get the latest betting odds, today’s lineups, and tips from our experts.
The upcoming cricket match in the 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup between New Zealand and Sri Lanka promises to be exciting. It will happen on Thursday, November 9, 2023, at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.
New Zealand’s journey in the tournament has been quite a ride. They started strong but then suffered four consecutive losses, including a recent one against Pakistan despite scoring 401 runs. Led by Kane Williamson, the team is under pressure to break their losing streak and make it to the semi-finals.
Sri Lanka’s performance has been disappointing, leading to the removal of their national cricket board. They recently faced a heavy defeat against India, scoring only 55 runs. Despite these setbacks, Sri Lanka still has the potential to surprise stronger teams.
Both teams are under pressure, but for different reasons. New Zealand wants to regain their winning form, while Sri Lanka aims to regain their pride. This match could be a turning point for both teams in the tournament.
New Zealand vs Sri Lanka World Cup 2023, 41st, Match Details
- Date: Thursday, November 09, 2023
- Time: 02:00 PM IST
- Venue: M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
- Teams: New Zealand and Sri Lanka
New Zealand vs Sri Lanka prediction
In the upcoming 2023 ICC World Cup match between New Zealand and Sri Lanka, New Zealand is the clear favorite. They are currently ranked third in ODI cricket, whereas Sri Lanka is ranked tenth. New Zealand has won their last five ODI matches, while Sri Lanka has lost their last two. New Zealand has a strong batting lineup with players like Kane Williamson, Martin Guptill, and Ross Taylor, as well as a formidable bowling attack led by Trent Boult, Matt Henry, and Tim Southee.
On the other hand, Sri Lanka has been struggling recently. Their batting lineup is weaker than New Zealand’s, and their bowling attack lacks experience. They will need to perform exceptionally well to defeat New Zealand.
Considering these factors, it’s clear that New Zealand has a significant advantage in this match. They are the more experienced and in-form team, with a stronger batting and bowling lineup. However, Sri Lanka can still be a tough opponent, so New Zealand should not underestimate them.
Prediction: New Zealand to Win
New Zealand vs Sri Lanka betting odds
According to the latest odds from various bookmakers, New Zealand are the favorite to win their match against Sri Lanka on November 9, 2023. Here are the betting odds from a few popular bookmakers:
New Zealand vs Sri Lanka Betting and Bowling Tips
Key Players to Watch:
- New Zealand: Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor, Trent Boult, Tim Southee, Mitchell Santner
- Sri Lanka: Kusal Mendis, Dimuth Karunaratne, Angelo Mathews, Lasith Malinga, Dushmantha Chameera
Bowling Strategies Against New Zealand Batsmen:
- Bowl full and straight: The New Zealand batsmen are generally good at playing swing and seam bowling, so it is important to bowl full and straight to restrict their run-scoring opportunities.
- Use spin sparingly: The New Zealand batsmen are generally good at playing spin, so it is important to use spin sparingly and avoid bowling too many short deliveries.
- Target the stumps: The New Zealand batsmen are vulnerable to lbws, so it is important to bowl with accuracy and target the stumps.
- Set traps: The New Zealand batsmen are aggressive stroke-makers, so it is important to set traps and try to get them to play false shots.
- Bowl with patience and consistency: The key to bowling against New Zealand is to be patient and consistent. Avoid bowling loose deliveries and try to build pressure by bowling tight lines and lengths.
Bowling Strategies Against Sri Lankan Batsmen:
- Bowl back of a length: The Sri Lankan batsmen are generally good at playing short deliveries, so it is important to bowl back of a length and restrict their scoring opportunities.
- Use spin: Spin bowling can be very effective against the Sri Lankan batsmen, especially on turning pitches.
- Vary your pace: The Sri Lankan batsmen are vulnerable to variations in pace, so it is important to mix up your deliveries and keep them guessing.
- Set fields for reverse swing: The Sri Lankan batsmen are not as good at playing reverse swing as the New Zealand batsmen, so it is important to set fields for reverse swing and try to get them out lbw or caught behind.
- Bowl with patience and consistency: The key to bowling against Sri Lanka is to be patient and consistent. Avoid bowling loose deliveries and try to build pressure by bowling tight lines and lengths.
- New Zealand is a slight favorite to win, but the match is expected to be close.
- Consider betting on New Zealand batsmen like Kane Williamson and Ross Taylor.
- For Sri Lankan batsmen, look to bet on Kusal Mendis and Dimuth Karunaratne.
- Betting on the total number of runs scored in the match could also be a good option, as both teams have decent batting attacks.
New Zealand vs Sri Lanka today’s lineups
- Kane Williamson (c)
- Finn Allen
- Devon Conway
- Ross Taylor
- Glenn Phillips
- James Neesham
- Mitchell Santner (wk)
- Daryl Mitchell
- Kyle Jamieson
- Tim Southee
- Adam Milne
- Pathum Nissanka
- Kusal Mendis
- Charith Asalanka
- Dhananjaya de Silva
- Angelo Mathews
- Dasun Shanaka (c)
- Ashen Bandara (wk)
- Wanindu Hasaranga
- Chamika Karunaratne
- Kasun Rajitha
- Dushmantha Chameera